Splendid Tour of Tamilnadu (07N/08D)
Package Name: Splendid Tour of Tamilnadu
Duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days
Places covered: Kanchipuram, Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram), Puducherry (Pondicherry), Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Madurai and Rameswaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, Kailasanathar Temple
- 7th century temple dedicated to Lord Shiva built by Pallava king Rajasimha (Narasimhavarman II), Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi), Kumarakottam Temple
- dedicated to Lord Murugan, then Shopping at Kanchipuram for well known for its hand woven silk sarees. Then drive to Mamallapuram
(Mahabalipuram). On arrival check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the sightseeing of Mamallapuram
(Mahabalipuram) known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. Visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03 : Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) - Puducherry (Pondicherry)
Morning after breakfast, checkout the hotel and drive towards Puducherry (Pondicherry) - one of the most popular tourist spots for national and international tourists. There are several temples, churches, monuments, parks, and mosques which attract tourists. On arrival at Puducherry visit Panchavati Kshetram
- a hindu temple dedicated to Panchamukha Sri Anjaneyaswamy. Then visit Auroville Matrimandir
(outer view) - a place for individual silent concentration. The Matrimandir can be viewed from Viewing Point, south of the Park of Unity, is a raised garden area which offers visitors a beautiful view of the Matrimandir and its surroundings. Then drive to hotel and check in to the hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to partake in the activities of your interest. You can relish sumptuous local delicacies, can explore the surroundings on your own, can visit the local market, etc., Back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 04 : Puducherry (Pondicherry)
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the local sightseeing of Puducherry
(Pondicherry) visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- is one of the most well-known and wealthiest ashrams in India, with devotees from India and all over the world flocking towards it for spiritual salvation. Then visit Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple
is one of the ancient temples in Puducherry dedicated to Lord Ganesh, Puducherry Museum
- an art and history museum well-known for its collection of 81 Chola bronze sculptures, ranking as one of the largest collections of Chola bronzes (Closed on Mondays and National Holidays). Proceed to Bharathi Park
- a landscaped park featuring a Greco-Roman arch structure, plus flowers, a play area & fountains. Then visit Promenade Beach
- also known as Pondicherry beach is the popular stretch starts from War Memorial and end at Dupleix Park on the Goubert Avenue. Visit The Sacred Heart Basilica
- is an oriental specimen of Gothic architecture. Then visit Botanical Garden
- built by French colonists on 22 acres with themed plots, an aquarium & train rides. Then drive to Chunnambar Boat House
- one of the most-visited tourist attractions that offers an impeccable houseboat experience. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Puducherry (Pondicherry) - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Tiruchirappalli
(Trichy) - also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
(Srirangam) - a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and proceed for sightseeing at Madurai, visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
, Gandhi Museum
. Evening visit Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- prominent and one of the Six Abodes of Lord Murugan and ISKCON Temple
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07 : Madurai - Rameswaram
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from Hotel and drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. on arrival check into Hotel. Afternoon proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 : Rameswaram - Madurai
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Rameswaram and drive to Madurai. On arrival at Madurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Splendid Tour of Tamilnadu ends with the delightful memories.