Mahabalipuram - Chidambaram Weekend Tour Package (02N/03D)
Package Name: Mahabalipuram - Chidambaram Weekend Tour Package
Duration: 02 Nights and 03 Days
Places covered: Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram) and Chidambaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram)
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive towards Mahabalipuram
(Mamallapuram) known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. On arrival at Mahabalipuram, check in to the hotel and then visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02 : Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram) - Chidambaram
Morning after breakfast, checkout the hotel and drive to Chidambaram
. On arrival check in to the hotel and then proceed to visit Chidambaram - a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The Chidambaram is located at the Center Point of world's Magnetic Equator. This ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to the hotel at Chidambaram for an overnight stay.
Day 03 : Chidambaram - Chennai
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Chidambaram and drive to Mathurai (Madurai). On arrival at Madurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Mahabalipuram - Chidambaram Weekend Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.