Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli Tour Package (03N/04D)
Package Name: Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli Tour Package
Duration: 03 Nights and 04 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Pichavaram, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur (Tanjore), Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and Srirangam
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive to Chidambaram. On arrival check in to the hotel and then proceed to visit Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The Chidambaram is located at the Center Point of world's Magnetic Equator. This ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). After lunch, drive to Pichavaram
- is among the most exquisite places and consists of a number of islands interspersing a vast expanse of water covered with mangrove forest. The Pichavaram mangrove Forest is one of the largest mangrove forests in India covering about 1100 hectare of area. It is separated from the Bay of Bengal by a sand bar. Drive back to the hotel at Chidambaram for an overnight stay.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Gangaikonda Cholapuram
- known for 10th century Brihadeeswarar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The temple is considered as one of the largest temples in the country and is a fine example of the grandeur of Dravidian style of architecture of the Chola dynasty. The idol of Nandi is sculpted in such a way that it reflects the sunlight to the sanctum. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and proceed for sightseeing of Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Then visit the nearest Thanjavur Art Gallery
- the gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artifacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history. Then drive to Tiruchirappalli
(Trichy) - also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam.
Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Chennai (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Tiruchirappalli and drive to Chennai. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.