Chennai - Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram Tour Package (4N/5D)
Package Name: Chennai - Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram Tour Package
Duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days
Places covered: Chennai, Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai, Gingee Fort, Chidambaram and Pichavaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai (Arrival)
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport. Chennai is the capital city of Tamilnadu state foremerly and known as Madras (until 1996). Chennai is a primary cultural, economic and educational centre of south India. You will be taken to the hotel and check in to the hotel and thereafter proceed for the sightseeing of Chennai. Visit Government Museum
- the second oldest museums in India (will be closed on Friday), Chennai Snake Park
, Gindi Poongaa
(Guindy Children's Park), (Tuesday holiday), Gandhi Mandapam
- series of memorial structures built on Sardar Patel Road, Kapaleeswarar Temple
- dedicated to lord Shiva, Anna Square
- bulit in the honour of the great Dravidian leader Arinzar Annadurai, Dr MGR Memorial
- memorial structure built on the Marina beach in memory of M. G. Ramachandran, Chennai Marina Lighthouse
and Marina Beach
- India's longest and world's second longest beach. Walking at Marina Beach during sunset is a pleasant experience and it turns to a fair ground with numerous stalls selling artifacts, handcrafted showpieces, ethnic jewelry, and food items. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chennai - Kanchipuram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, check on to the hotel and then visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, Kailasanathar Temple
- 7th century temple dedicated to Lord Shiva built by Pallava king Rajasimha (Narasimhavarman II), Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi), Kumarakottam Temple
- dedicated to Lord Murugan, then Shopping at Kanchipuram for well known for its hand woven silk sarees. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Gingee Fort - Chidambaram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Tiruvannamalai
- an historical place and spiritual center of Tamilnadu. Tiruvannamalai is popular for Annamalaiyar Temple
(or Arulmigu Annamalaiyar Tirukoil) dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshiped as Arunachalesvara or Annamalaiyar. The temple is one of the largest in India, located at the base of Annamalai Hills and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The Shiva Lingam here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Fire (Agni). Goddess Parvati is depicted as Unnamalai Amman. The Annamalaiyar temple is called the Manipooraga stalam, and is associated with the Manipooraga chakra. Manipooraga is the chakra associated with the solar plexus. Then drive to Gingee Fort
- also known as the Chenji Fort, this is an ancient structure last modified in the 13th century by the Vijayanagara Emperors. Called the 'Troy of the East' by the British, this fort has impressed many by its strength and architecture. Then drive to Chidambaram
. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Chidambaram - (with Pichavaram)
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the sightseeing at Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The Chidambaram is located at the Center Point of world's Magnetic Equator. This ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). After lunch, drive to Pichavaram
- is among the most exquisite places and consists of a number of islands interspersing a vast expanse of water covered with mangrove forest. The Pichavaram mangrove Forest is one of the largest mangrove forests in India covering about 1100 hectare of area. It is separated from the Bay of Bengal by a sand bar. Drive back to the hotel at Chidambaram for an overnight stay.
Day 05 : Chidambaram - Chennai (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Chidambaram and drive to Chennai. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chennai - Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.