Tamilnadu Holiday Tour Package from Chennai (13N/14D)
Package Name: Tamilnadu Holiday Tour Package from Chennai
Duration: 13 Nights and 14 Days
Places covered: Chennai, Kanchipuram, Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram), Pondicherry (Puducherry), Chidambaram, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Kumbakonam, Darasuram, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Rameswaram and Kanyakumari
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai (Arrival)
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport. Chennai is the capital city of Tamilnadu state foremerly and known as Madras (until 1996). Chennai is a primary cultural, economic and educational centre of south India. You will be taken to the hotel and relax for some time. After lunch, visit to Anna Square
- bulit in the honour of the great Dravidian leader Arinzar Annadurai, Dr MGR Memorial
- memorial structure built on the Marina beach in memory of M. G. Ramachandran, Kapaleeswarar Temple
- dedicated to lord Shiva, Chennai Marina Lighthouse
and Marina Beach
- India's longest and world's second longest beach. Walking at Marina Beach during sunset is a pleasant experience and it turns to a fair ground with numerous stalls selling artifacts, handcrafted showpieces, ethnic jewelry, and food items. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chennai
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the local sightseeing of Chennai, visit Government Museum
- the second oldest museums in India (will be closed on Friday, Ashtalakshmi Temple
will be covered on friday), National Art Gallery
- one of the oldest art galleries in India, Valluvar Kottam
- a monument in Chennai, dedicated to the classical Tamil poet philosopher Valluvar, Gandhi Mandapam
- series of memorial structures built on Sardar Patel Road, Chennai Snake Park
, Gindi Poongaa
(Guindy Children's Park), (Tuesday holiday and Birla Planetarium
will be covered on Tuesday) and Swami Vivekananda Ashram
and evening return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, Kailasanathar Temple
- 7th century temple dedicated to Lord Shiva built by Pallava king Rajasimha (Narasimhavarman II), Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi), Kumarakottam Temple
- dedicated to Lord Murugan, then Shopping at Kanchipuram for well known for its hand woven silk sarees. Then drive to Mamallapuram
(Mahabalipuram). On arrival check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the sightseeing of Mamallapuram
(Mahabalipuram) known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. Visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 05 : Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) - Puducherry (Pondicherry)
Morning after breakfast, checkout the hotel and drive towards Puducherry (Pondicherry) - one of the most popular tourist spots for national and international tourists. There are several temples, churches, monuments, parks, and mosques which attract tourists. On arrival at Puducherry visit Panchavati Kshetram
- a hindu temple dedicated to Panchamukha Sri Anjaneyaswamy. Then visit Auroville Matrimandir
(outer view) - a place for individual silent concentration. The Matrimandir can be viewed from Viewing Point, south of the Park of Unity, is a raised garden area which offers visitors a beautiful view of the Matrimandir and its surroundings. Then drive to hotel and check in to the hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to partake in the activities of your interest. You can relish sumptuous local delicacies, can explore the surroundings on your own, can visit the local market, etc., Back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 06 : Puducherry (Pondicherry)
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the local sightseeing of Puducherry
(Pondicherry) visit Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- is one of the most well-known and wealthiest ashrams in India, with devotees from India and all over the world flocking towards it for spiritual salvation. Then visit Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple
is one of the ancient temples in Puducherry dedicated to Lord Ganesh, Puducherry Museum
- an art and history museum well-known for its collection of 81 Chola bronze sculptures, ranking as one of the largest collections of Chola bronzes (Closed on Mondays and National Holidays). Proceed to Bharathi Park
- a landscaped park featuring a Greco-Roman arch structure, plus flowers, a play area & fountains. Then visit Promenade Beach
- also known as Pondicherry beach is the popular stretch starts from War Memorial and end at Dupleix Park on the Goubert Avenue. Visit The Sacred Heart Basilica
- is an oriental specimen of Gothic architecture. Then visit Botanical Garden
- built by French colonists on 22 acres with themed plots, an aquarium & train rides. Then drive to Chunnambar Boat House
- one of the most-visited tourist attractions that offers an impeccable houseboat experience. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07 : Puducherry (Pondicherry) - Chidambaram - Gangaikonda Cholapuram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Then drive to Gangaikonda Cholapuram
- known for 10th century Brihadeeswarar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva (UNESCO World Heritage Site). The temple is considered as one of the largest temples in the country and is a fine example of the grandeur of Dravidian style of architecture of the Chola dynasty. The idol of Nandi is sculpted in such a way that it reflects the sunlight to the sanctum. Then drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and proceed for sightseeing of Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Then visit the nearest Thanjavur Art Gallery
- the gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artifacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history. Then drive to Tiruchirappalli
also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival at Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 09 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and then proceed for sightseeing at Tiruchirapalli. First visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort. Then visit to the Government Museum
- a heritage center situated at Rani Mangammal Mahal in Bharathidasansan town. The museum contains array of exhibits relating to geology, zoology, paintings, anthropology, epigraphy and history. Then proceed to visit Tropical Butterfly Conservatory Campus
(Butterfly Park) - recreational centre of the tropical butterfly conservatory and Nakshatravanam
- 27 number of trees species corresponding to 27 stars and 12 trees of corresponding 12 zodiac signs of Indian astrology. Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10 : Madurai
After breakfast, proceed for full day sightseeing at Madurai, visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
, Gandhi Museum
. Evening visit Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- prominent and one of the Six Abodes of Lord Murugan and ISKCON Temple
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 11 : Madurai - Rameswaram
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from Hotel and drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. on arrival check into Hotel. Afternoon proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 12 : Rameswaram - Kanyakumari
After breakfast, check out from Hotel and drive to Kanyakumari
- southernmost point of Indian Peninsula and the confluence of three oceans - the Bay of Bengal
, the Arabian Sea
and the Indian Ocean
. Kanyakumari is popular because it is the only places on earth, where you can see the Sun Rise and Sun Set from the ocean. On arrival at Kanyakumari, check into hotel and rest of the day at leisure, Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 13 : Kanyakumari
After breakfast proceed for full day sightseeing of Kanyakumari
- visit Suchindram Temple
, Sun Rise Point
, Devi Kanyakumari Temple
, Vivekananda Rock
, Gandhi Memorial
, Triveni Sangam
, Swamy Vivekananda Memorial
(by Boat) and Thiruvalluvar Statue
. Evening watch the most beautiful Sunset at Kanyakumari. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 14 : Kanyakumari - Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Kanyakumari and drive to visit Padmanabhapuram Palace - a wooden palace was built in 1601 CE belonging to the royal family of Travancore and is a masterpiece of indigenous Kerala architecture that remains well maintained. Then drive to Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum). On arrival at Thiruvananthapuram, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Tamilnadu Holiday Package from Chennai ends with the delightful memories.