Madurai - Rameswaram - Chidambaram - Tiruchirappalli - Chettinad - Kodaikanal Tour Package (08N/09D)
Package Name: Madurai - Rameswaram - Chidambaram - Tiruchirappalli - Chettinad - Kodaikanal Tour Package
Duration: 08 Nights and 09 Days
Places covered: Madurai, Rameshwaram, Chidambaram, Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Kumbakonam, Tanjore, Tiruchirappalli, Chettinad and Kodaikanal
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Madurai
Our representative will welcome you at Madurai - the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and then proceed for sightseeing at Madurai, visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
and Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Madurai - Rameswaram
Morning, After breakfast, check out from Hotel and drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. Rameswaram is significant for many Hindus as a pilgrimage to Varanasi is considered to be incomplete without a pilgrimage to Rameswaram. The town along with the Ramanathaswamy temple is one of the holiest Hindu Char Dham (four divine sites) sites comprising Badrinath, Puri and Dwarka. Enroute, enjoy the beauty of Pamban Bridge. On arrival at Rameswaram, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Rameswaram
Morning after breakfast, proceed for the sightseeing of Rameswaram
- visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. The temple is dedicated to the Vedic god Shiva, is at the centre of the town and is closely associated with Lord Rama. The temple and the town are considered a holy pilgrimage site for Shaivas. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Rameswaram - Chidambaram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and visit the ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, proceed for sightseeing of Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Then visit the nearest Thanjavur Art Gallery
- the gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artifacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history. Then drive to Tiruchirappalli
also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival at Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Chettinad
Morning, after breakfast, check out from Hotel and drive to Chettinad
- well known for its mansions, temples and culinary delicacies. On arrival at Chettinad, check in to the hotel and then proceed for sightseeing of Chettinad region that is most popular and adored for its 18th century mansions, unique and ornamented palatial houses, with wide courtyards and spacious rooms embellished with marble and teak. Visit Chettinad Mansions
, Chettinad Palace
- was constructed for the royal Alagappa Chettiar in 1912. Stained glass, teak, tiles, granite and wrought iron work truly makes the Chettinad Palace a work of art. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07 : Chettinad - Kodaikanal
Morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Kodaikanal
, one of the most popular hill stations of South India blessed with granite cliffs, forested valleys, lakes, waterfalls, grassy hills and cool climate throughout the year. Kodaikanal is also popularly known as the princes of Hill Stations. Enroute, visit Silver Cascade Falls
, one of the most famous waterfalls, that unfolds to tourist. This waterfall is the result of excess water in the Kodai Lake, which comes down as a fall. On arrival at Kodaikanal, check in to the hotel, rest of the day at leisure and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 : Kodaikanal
Morning, after breakfast, drive to full day free for sightseeing at beautiful Kodaikanal. Visit Cokers Walk
(1 Km long walking plaza with beautiful and refreshing surrounding), Pillars Rocks
, Green Valley
, Brynts Park
, Upper lake View Point
, Suicide Point
. Evening free to enjoy boat ride On Kodai lake
. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kodaikanal.
Day 09 : Kodaikanal - Madurai (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Kodaikanal and drive to Madurai. On arrival at Madurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Madurai - Rameswaram - Chidambaram - Tiruchirappalli - Chettinad - Kodaikanal Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.