Remarkable Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai (06N/07D)
Package Name: Remarkable Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai
Duration: 06 Nights and 07 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Kumbakonam, Thanjavur (Tanjore), Madurai, Rameswaram, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and Mahabalipuram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive to Chidambaram. On arrival check in to the hotel and then proceed to visit Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The Chidambaram is located at the Center Point of world's Magnetic Equator. This ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). After lunch, drive to Pichavaram
- is among the most exquisite places and consists of a number of islands interspersing a vast expanse of water covered with mangrove forest. The Pichavaram mangrove Forest is one of the largest mangrove forests in India covering about 1100 hectare of area. It is separated from the Bay of Bengal by a sand bar. Drive back to the hotel at Chidambaram for an overnight stay.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Kumbakonam
- known as a temple city due to the prevalence of a number of temples here. On arrival visit Adi Kumbeswarar Temple
- the oldest Shiva Temple, Mahamaham tank
- one of the most prominent landmarks of the town and Airavatesvara Temple
at Darasuram is one among the three famous temples in Tamil Nadu that were built by the Chola Kings. (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Then drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, check in to the hotel and proceed for sightseeing of Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Then visit the nearest Thanjavur Art Gallery
- the gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artifacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
, Gandhi Museum
. Evening visit Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- prominent and one of the Six Abodes of Lord Murugan. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Madurai - Rameswaram
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from Hotel and drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. on arrival check into Hotel. Afternoon proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Rameswaram - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Tiruchirappalli
also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Mahabalipuram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Mahabalipuram
(Mamallapuram). On arrival proceed for the sightseeing of Mahabalipuram known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. Visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then check in to the hotel and later proceed to visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 07 : Mahabalipuram - Chennai (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Mahabalipuram and drive to Chennai. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Remarkable Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.