Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Rameswaram Tour Package (06N/07D)
Package Name: Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Rameswaram Tour Package
Duration: 06 Nights and 07 Days
Places covered: Chennai, Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram), Thanjavur (Tanjore), Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Srirangam, Madurai and Rameswaram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai (Arrival)
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport. Chennai is the capital city of Tamilnadu state foremerly and known as Madras (until 1996). Chennai is a primary cultural, economic and educational centre of south India. You will be taken to the hotel and check in to the hotel and thereafter proceed for the sightseeing of Chennai. Visit Government Museum
- the second oldest museums in India (will be closed on Friday), Chennai Snake Park
, Gindi Poongaa
(Guindy Children's Park), (Tuesday holiday), Gandhi Mandapam
- series of memorial structures built on Sardar Patel Road, Kapaleeswarar Temple
- dedicated to lord Shiva, Anna Square
- bulit in the honour of the great Dravidian leader Arinzar Annadurai, Dr MGR Memorial
- memorial structure built on the Marina beach in memory of M. G. Ramachandran, Chennai Marina Lighthouse
and Marina Beach
- India's longest and world's second longest beach. Walking at Marina Beach during sunset is a pleasant experience and it turns to a fair ground with numerous stalls selling artifacts, handcrafted showpieces, ethnic jewelry, and food items. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chennai - Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Mamallapuram
(Mahabalipuram) - known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. On arrival, visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Afternoon, check in to the hotel and then visit Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03 : Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, checkout the hotel and drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, check in to the hotel and then visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 04 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and then drive towards Tiruchirapalli
- also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival, visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. Then visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala), The sanctum of Lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. And one can see water coming out of that stream. The Presiding Deity is Devi Akilandeswari Amman. Akhilandeshwari means 'Ruler of the Universe' (Akilam - Universe, Aanda - Ruler, Eswari - Goddess). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort. The visit to the Government Museum
- a heritage center situated at Rani Mangammal Mahal in Bharathidasansan town. The museum contains array of exhibits relating to geology, zoology, paintings, anthropology, epigraphy and history. Then proceed to visit Tropical Butterfly Conservatory Campus
(Butterfly Park) - recreational centre of the tropical butterfly conservatory and Nakshatravanam
- 27 number of trees species corresponding to 27 stars and 12 trees of corresponding 12 zodiac signs of Indian astrology. Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Madurai
After breakfast, proceed for full day sightseeing at Madurai, visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
, Gandhi Museum
. Evening visit Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple
- prominent and one of the Six Abodes of Lord Murugan and ISKCON Temple
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Madurai - Rameswaram
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from Hotel and drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. on arrival check into Hotel. Afternoon proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07 : Rameswaram - Madurai
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel at Rameswaram and drive to Madurai. On arrival at Mathurai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Thanjavur - Tiruchirappalli - Madurai - Rameswaram Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.