Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Mahabalipuram Tour Package (03N/04D)
Package Name: Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Mahabalipuram Tour Package
Duration: 03 Nights and 04 Days
Places covered: Kanchipuram, Tiruvannamalai, Chidambaram and Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram)
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Kanchipuram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival at Kanchipuram, check on to the hotel and then visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, Kailasanathar Temple
- 7th century temple dedicated to Lord Shiva built by Pallava king Rajasimha (Narasimhavarman II), Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi), Kumarakottam Temple
- dedicated to Lord Murugan, then Shopping at Kanchipuram for well known for its hand woven silk sarees. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Tiruvannamalai
- an historical place and spiritual center of Tamilnadu. Tiruvannamalai is popular for Annamalaiyar Temple
(or Arulmigu Annamalaiyar Tirukoil) dedicated to Lord Shiva and worshiped as Arunachalesvara or Annamalaiyar. The temple is one of the largest in India, located at the base of Annamalai Hills and houses four gateway towers known as gopurams. The Shiva Lingam here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Fire (Agni). Goddess Parvati is depicted as Unnamalai Amman. The Annamalaiyar temple is called the Manipooraga stalam, and is associated with the Manipooraga chakra. Manipooraga is the chakra associated with the solar plexus. Then drive to Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. On arrival at Chidambaram, check in to the hotel and visit the ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). Return to overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Chidambaram - Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Mahabalipuram
(Mamallapuram). On arrival at Mahabalipuram, proceed for the sightseeing of Mahabalipuram known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. Visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram) - Chennai (Drop)
In the morning, after breakfast, check out the hotel and visit Sculpture Museum is famous for its elaborate collection of sculptures and images of god and goddesses of Hindu mythology. There are more than 3,000 sculptures can be found in this museum. Then 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple - one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then drive to Chennai. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Kanchipuram - Tiruvannamalai - Chidambaram - Mahabalipuram Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.