Glimpse of Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai (06N/07D)
Package Name: Treasures of Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai
Duration: 06 Nights and 07 Days
Places covered: Chidambaram, Pichavaram, Thanjavur (Tanjore), Madurai, Rameswaram, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Chennai - Chidambaram
Our representative will welcome you at Chennai Railway Station or Airport and drive to Chidambaram. On arrival check in to the hotel and then proceed to visit Chidambaram
- a temple town well known for Thillai Nataraja Temple
spread over an area of 40 acres. The Chidambaram is located at the Center Point of world's Magnetic Equator. This ancient and historic temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja (as a divine dancer) and other deities such as Shivakami Amman, Ganesh, Murugan and Govindaraja Perumal (Vishnu)
. The Nataraja Temple here is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Sky/Space (Akasha). After lunch, drive to Pichavaram
- is among the most exquisite places and consists of a number of islands interspersing a vast expanse of water covered with mangrove forest. The Pichavaram mangrove Forest is one of the largest mangrove forests in India covering about 1100 hectare of area. It is separated from the Bay of Bengal by a sand bar. Drive back to the hotel at Chidambaram for an overnight stay.
Day 02 : Chidambaram - Thanjavur (Tanjore)
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and drive to Thanjavur (Tanjore). On arrival at Thanjavur, check in to the hotel and proceed for sightseeing of Thanjavur, visit Brihadeeswara Temple
, the biggest attraction of Thanjavur and also known as the Big Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site). This architectural marvel temple built during 11th century by Raja Raja Chola, the Great Chola emperor. The vimana tower above the sanctum is one of the tallest in South India. Then visit Thanjavur Palace
also known as Maratha Palace or Nayak Palace is a wonderful historical structure in the town of Thanjavur. It was the official residence of the Maratha rulers from 1674 to 1855. Then visit the nearest Thanjavur Art Gallery
- the gallery houses a treasured collection of bronze icons, stone sculptures and other artifacts, which today stand testimony to that golden age in Tamil history. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Thanjavur (Tanjore) - Madurai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and Then drive to Madurai
- the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. On arrival at Madurai, check in to the hotel and proceed for sightseeing at Madurai, visit Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple
, a historic Hindu temple located in the southern banks of river Vaigai. The complex houses 12 gateway towers called gopurams, ranging from 45-50m in height, the tallest being the southern tower, 51.9 metres (170 ft) high. Then visit Arulmigu Koodal Azhagar Temple
, Thirumalai Nayakkar Palace
. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Madurai - Rameswaram - Madurai
After breakfast at 8 AM drive to Rameswaram
- a prominent Hindu pilgrim center located on Pamban Island. On arrival at Rameswaram, proceed for sightseeing of Rameshwaram - visit Agnitheertham
- is one of the most visited Tirthams of Rameswaram for a holy bath, Ramanathaswamy Temple
- renowned for its magnificent corridors and massive sculptured pillars. Then visit Ramjharoka Temple
and Adam's Bridge
. Drive back to Madurai. On arrival, return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 : Madurai - Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) - Mahabalipuram
After breakfast at 8 AM check out from hotel and drive to Tiruchirappalli
also known as Trichy - known for most prominent historical monuments. On arrival on Tiruchirappalli, check in to the hotel and then visit to Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple
- a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy
and also the first, foremost and the most important of the 108 main Vishnu temples. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple lies on an islet formed by the twin rivers Cauvery and Coleroon. This temple is also known as Thiruvaranga Tirupati, Periyakoil, Bhoologa Vaikundam and Bhogamandabam. If time permits, visit nearest Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple
- dedicated to Lord Shiva (as Jambukeswarar) and Goddess Parvathi (as Akilandeswari). The temple is associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of Water (Jala). Then visit Ucchi Pillayar Temple
- a 7th century Hindu temple, one dedicated to Lord Ganesha located a top of Rockfort. Then drive to Mahabalipuram
(Mamallapuram). On arrival, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 06 : Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and proceed for the sightseeing of Mahabalipuram
known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 7th and 8th century Hindu Group of Monuments. It has been the ancient port of the Pallava rulers. During their reign, the Pallava rulers constructed a number of architectural marvels such as caves, sculptural panels, temples and Monolithic rathas. On arrival, check in to the hotel and visit 8th century Mahabalipuram Seashore Temple
- one of the finest examples of Dravidian style of architecture. Then proceed to visit Krishna Mandapam
- dedicated to Lord Krishna, it is the world's largest cave-cut Hindu temple. The walls of this temple consist of several depictions, including those of Lord Krishna, humans, birds and demi-gods. Arjuna's penance
- a giant open-air rock relief carved in the mid-seventh century. Then proceed to Cave Temples
- over ten rock-cut temples dating back to the 7th century. Finally, visit Pancha (Five) Rathas
- also called as Paandava Rathas, it is a group of 5 monolithic temples, each erected in a different architecture styling. Then drive towards Kanchipuram
- once the capital of Pallava kings and well known as centre of education where people were coming here to gain knowledge about Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. On arrival, check in to the hotel and overnight stay at hotal.
Day 07 : Kanchipuram - Chennai
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel and proceed to visit Kamakshi Amman Temple
- dedicated to goddess Kamakshi, the ultimate form of Goddess Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari (Parvati), Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- dedicated to Lord Vishnu and one of the Divya Desams, the 108 temples of Vishnu visited by Alwars, Kailasanathar Temple
- 7th century temple dedicated to Lord Shiva built by Pallava king Rajasimha (Narasimhavarman II), Ekambareswarar Temple
- a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and associated with the Pancha Bhoota (five elements) specifically the element of earth (Prithvi), Kumarakottam Temple
- dedicated to Lord Murugan, then if time permits, proceed for shopping at Kanchipuram for well known for its hand woven silk sarees. Then drive to Chennai
. On arrival at Chennai, you will be transferred to the Airport or Railway Station. Treasures of Tamilnadu Tour Package from Chennai
Tour Package ends with the delightful memories.